such copy must contain all headers, trailers, credits, copyright
notices and other identifying information as it appears,
1. All members are subject to the By-laws.
2. There will be a membership fee of $10.00 ( $15.00 per family) per year. In hardship cases, this can be modified or waived by private agreement of the officers.
3. Prospective members must attend two consecutive meetings before joining.
4. Disruptive or detrimental actions will result in that member being asked to leave the activity by an officer. Repeat offenders will be subject to a vote for expulsion from the club, and forfeiture of their membershipfees.
5. An inactive member is one who has not attended the last three consecutive meetings. Active status returns on the second attendance. Any member may voluntarily become inactive for a specified period with immediate return to active status at the end of the period.
1. Meetings will be held monthly with business preceding other activities.
business meetings will be conducted in the following manner:
The chairmanopens the meeting following a planned agenda.
i) Old business
ii) New business
iii) Next meeting agenda
All speakers must be recognized by the chairman
3. Committees of three to five members will be formed to plan and organize activities for presentation at the business meeting.
A majority of members at a meeting who have attended enough of the discussion on a measure to understand it without rehashing old discussion, are necessary to pass that measure.
2. Treasury, By-laws, Membership, and Override of a Veto
On any vote which involves the treasury, a change in the By-laws, the change in the status of a member, or a veto, two thirds of the active members must agree for the measure to pass. Absent members should be contacted and vote by phone.
If all the officers oppose a vote on an ordinary matter the vote is vetoed.
of a Veto
A second voting on the matter may be taken to override a veto.
1. Positions and Responsibilities
the meeting or delegates that authority
b). Arranges time and place of meeting Oversees the clubs activities.
a). Assists the president
all the financial matters of the club
b). Collect and record membership fees
c). Responsible for all club funds
a). Takes the minutes of the meetings
b). Keep attendance records
c). Keep a roster of all active members
d). counts votes
The term of office is one year without limit to the number of terms a member may serve.
3. Election of officers
The election procedure shall cover four weeks as follows:
week 1- Announcement of elections and formation of election committee
week 2- Deadline for nomination of candidates
week 3- Deadline for acceptance of nomination by candidates
week 4- Vote by secret ballot
Absent members can vote in advance by a sealed envelope, or by calling a member of the election committee with their vote.
The election committee will consist of three members and will be responsible
for the listing of nominations and acceptances. They will also be responsible
for making the ballots, and counting the votes.
1. To be
used for club activities or interests as voted upon (see Voting
2. The treasurer is responsible for all funds (see Officers - 1.C.c)
library is for use by all members
2. The librarian is nominated by the officers.
of Fannish Links
Thinly sliced cabbage